My name is Derrick McBride and I have a Sports Acupuncture practice in Denver called FIX Performance Medicine. (www.fixpm.com) I’m looking to add another practitioner to my clinic. This position would be perfect for a new graduate or someone interested in switching their focus of practice to sports and orthopedic acupuncture. This is a unique opportunity to learn from a sports specific practitioner in an exclusively orthopedic and sports medicine practice.
The perfect candidate would include:
- A focus in orthopedic and anatomical needling either during school or continuing education
- A background in movement – Strength Coach, Personal Trainer, Etc
- Strong anatomical knowledge
- Orthopedic testing training
- Willing to work weekends, at least every other Saturday
Most of all, I’m looking for someone who is really motivated to learn sports and orthopedic specific treatment styles and everything that entails – orthopedic and muscle testing, functional movement assessments, anatomical needling techniques, and corrective exercise prescription.
Here are some of my credentials and focuses so you have an idea of the type of learning opportunities within the facility:
- Sports Acupuncturist who is a teaching assistant for Whitfield Reaves Sports Acupuncture Apprenticeship
- Strength and Conditioning Coach with an emphasis in Corrective Exercise
- Fascial Stretch Therapist who can teach functional mobility techniques
- I am certified in the Selective Functional Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Screen, and Y-Balance Test for comprehensive movement analysis and injury assessment
- I also conduct Metabolic Lactate Threshold testing for consulting on Aerobic and Anaerobic exercise prescription
Because of the specialized nature of the practice, you will have the opportunity to start at a very competitive rate of $62.50 an hour with room for growth.
Please send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Derrick McBride LAc, CSCS, CFST