What we’re looking for:
Elix is seeking a remote Part Time TCM Health Coach, with evening and weekend availability, to join our Community Experience team. We’re looking for someone who is excited to destigmatize menstrual health by sharing an East meets West approach to tuning in to the signals from our cycles and healing our hormonal imbalances from within using TCM herbs and lifestyle principles.
You will provide outstanding care and education for those experiencing menstrual health conditions and be part of a team working to improve the Elix community experience while simultaneously channeling feedback to the rest of our team to continuously iterate and improve how we serve our community.
We’re looking for someone who can start as soon as possible who has around 10-15 hours of weekly availability, specifically during the evening and weekend hours. This is a great position for people looking to gain experience while still in Chinese Medicine school or new grads looking to build their clinical practice!
What you’ll do:
● Deliver TCM related education and emotional support through personal interactions (both 1-on-1 and in small group settings) to Elix community members along key points of their wellness journey.
● Educate Elix community members about how Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) works in easy to understand language, specifically relating to how TCM herbs work to support common menstrual symptoms and the associated pattern diagnoses.
● Identify opportunities to improve community members’ quality of life through suggesting adoption of health habits based on individual pattern diagnoses and TCM teachings.
● Maintain follow-up communication with community members via check-in calls, emails, and/or SMS.
● Assist Community Experience Associates in answering TCM-related user questions ● Serve as a liaison between the Elix community members and Elix team to elevate themes from community member questions, identify trends for new educational content, and opportunities to improve the Elix experience.
Elix Part-Time TCM Health Coach
The Ideal Candidate
● Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine with Chinese Herbal Medicine OR current 3rd-4th year student who has herbal knowledge and experience using herbs during clinical rotations (completed formulas courses)
● Evening and/or weekend availability is a must
● Experience using Google Suite (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Calendly ● Must maintain HIPAA compliance, as you will be handling sensitive and confidential health information
● Ability to explain TCM concepts in layperson terms to help our community better understand how TCM and herbs work
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including customer service skills to calmly and professionally resolve community member concerns while remaining compliant
● Intuitive ability to connect with people of all backgrounds and life experiences; genuine empathy + desire to help people reach their health goals.
● Excited about building a more holistic future of women’s health and chronic care with a passion to inspire people to discover Traditional Chinese Medicine. ● Brings fresh, innovative and out-of-the box approaches to help us meet our community’s needs – appreciates challenging the status quo, with a mindset of ‘how can we do this even better?’
● A proactive and collaborative approach; a team player who is happy to take on new opportunities
● A special interest in gynecological/hormonal wellness with additional coursework or clinical rounds in this area
Please note: We are specifically looking for someone with evening and weekend availability. While we are open to Chinese Medicine students, we are only looking for 3rd or 4th year students who have a solid foundation in herbal knowledge, having already completed the formulas coursework. (We ask that you please provide proof of curriculum showing that you have completed the formulas courses.)
APPLY HERE: Please complete this short questionnaire that will ask for a PDF of your resume and proof of TCM coursework: https://elix.typeform.com/to/E2SqKDtC